JOINT JOB POSTING Alexandra Marine & General Hospital and Healthy Hearts Cardiac Rehabilitation (1 year maternity leave starting February 2019)
PROGRAM DIRECTOR, HEALTHY HEARTS CARDIAC REHABILITATION – PART-TIME
CARDIOLOGY TECHNICIAN – PART-TIME
REPORTS TO: Manager, Laboratory and Cardiorespiratory Services at AMGH and Board of Directors- Healthy Hearts
- Certification as a Registered Cardiology Technologist, current registration with the OSCT (Ontario Society of Cardiology Technologists) and CSCT (Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists)
- Degree or Diploma in Fitness and Lifestyle Management or Health Science preferred
- Current BLS certification required, and ACLS certification preferred
- Cardiac rehabilitation experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in cardiology case management and cardiac rehabilitation
- Demonstrates ability to record and analyze electrocardiograms, perform holter scanning, provision of stress testing
- Ability to handle stressful situations and changing priorities at both AMGH and Healthy Hearts
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting. Must have excellent interpersonal , time-management and organizational skills
- Flexible work schedule. Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to coordinate daily operations to ensure provision of services
- Provision of Cardiovascular education, training and exercise programs with clients
- Equipment maintenance
- Develops and updates policies and procedures
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Coordinates a wide variety of administrative, fiscal and technical activities to ensure the efficient operation of both AMGH and Healthy Hearts. Duties may include liaison with the Media, organization of Fundraising events
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgement in problem solving and identifying opportunities for action and improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication, verbal, written and organizational skills
- Professional demeanour and excellent attendance are required
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written and/or practical test.
Interested applicants are asked to apply in writing with a complete resume and cover letter indicating their qualifications and pertinent skills to:
Peggy Byrne Carter, Human Resources
Alexandra Marine & General Hospital
120 Napier Street, Goderich, Ontario N7A 1W5
Phone: (519) 524-8689 Ext. 5363 Fax: (519) 524-5579 – firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
SAVE THE DATE!
Christmas (Turkey) Dinner!
Location: Goderich Legion
Date: Wednesday November 28th, 2018
Time: 5pm Social, 6pm Dinner
Thank you to all the participants and local sponsors for helping us have another successful Golf Tournament!
Healthy Hearts Golf Tournament
Help support your local cardiac rehabilitation program!!
Date: Monday, September 10th, 2018
Location: Sunset Golf Course, Par 3 Baby Boomer Course
Thank you for supporting the Healthy Hearts Walk of Life 2018!
1km * 3km * 5km Walk or Run
Date: Saturday, June 9th, 2018
Location: Rotary Cove, Goderich
Contact the Healthy Hearts office if you would like to pick up a pledge form
Phone: 519-5245411 Email: email@example.com
**Registration available the day of the event**
Big THANKS to our big local sponsors this year!
Maitland Valley Marina
Watson’s Home Hardware