Program Director – Healthy Hearts Cardiac Rehabilitation, Goderich, Ontario
A unique opportunity is available for a Program Director for the Healthy Hearts Cardiac Rehabilitation program. This part time opportunity is responsible for the administration and management of a well-established cardiac rehabilitation program.
Reporting to the charity’s Board of Directors and supervising a part time staff, the Program Director works closely with the Medical Director in assessing and determining cardiac patient suitability and progress within the program. The Program Director will interact with participants, potential new members, physicians, medical professionals, organizations, media and community service clubs.
The Program Director also shares leading exercise classes, and monitors the participants as they use our fitness equipment and complete cardiac exercise routines.
Further duties include administrative functions, record-keeping, supervision of staff, public relations, event organizing, monitoring emergency equipment resources, and maintaining the program according to the guidelines of cardiac rehabilitation standards established by the national associations.
The Program Director must also possess a working knowledge of cardiac medications, basic arrhythmia interpretation skills, and be able to multi task in a busy environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a health care environment and case management experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in cardiac rehabilitation
- Current CPR/AED certificate
- Baccalaureate Degree in a Health Science Profession OR a Community College Diploma in Fitness and Lifestyle Management preferred
- All candidates are required to submit a Police record check
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, oral and non-verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team
- Exercise initiative and good judgement with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job
- Computer literacy
Competitive remuneration will be based on education and experience of the successful individual.
Contact: healthyhearts @hurontel.on.ca
Volunteer Board Members
Healthy Hearts Cardiac Rehabilitation
Healthy Hearts Cardiac Rehabilitation is pleased to announce that we are looking for new volunteer Board Members. A background in accounting or IT would be helpful to fill our open positions.
Healthy Hearts is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program to individuals who have suffered a cardiac event or are at high risk of having a cardiac event. Since its inception in 1995, Healthy Hearts has grown and receives over 100 referrals a year, making a positive impact on over 1000 families since the program started.
As a member of our Board of Directors, you will join a group of enthusiastic volunteers who help to improve the lives of those living with heart disease.
8-10 meetings a year, Tuesday evenings 7:00-9pm
If you would like to apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume before July 16th, 2020.
Application deadline: 2020-07-16
Job Type: Volunteer