Program Director – Part Time – Maternity Leave Healthy Hearts Cardiac Rehabilitation, GoDERICH, Ontario
A unique opportunity is available for a Program Director for the Healthy Hearts Cardiac Rehabilitation program. This temporary part time opportunity (due to a maternity leave) is responsible for the administration and management of a well established cardiac rehabilitation program.
Reporting to the charity’s Board of Directors and supervising a part time staff, the Program Director works closely with the Medical Director in assessing and determining cardiac patient suitability and progress within the program. The Program Director will interact with participants, potential new members, physicians, medical professionals, organizations, media and community service clubs.
The Program Director also shares leading exercise classes, and monitors the participants as they use our fitness equipment and complete cardiac exercise routines.
Further duties include administrative functions, recordkeeping, supervision of staff, public relations, event organizing, monitoring emergency equipment resources, and maintaining the program according to the guidelines of cardiac rehabilitation standards established by the national associations.
The Program Director must also possess a working knowledge of cardiac medications, basic arrhythmia interpretation skills, and be able to multi task in a busy environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a health care environment and case management experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in cardiac rehabilitation preferred.
- Current BCLS certificate
- Baccalaureate Degree in a Heath Science Profession OR a Community College Diploma in Fitness and Lifestyle Management preferred
- All candidates are required to submit a Police record check
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, oral and non-verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team
- Exercise initiative and good judgement with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job
- Computer literacy
Competitive remuneration will be based on education and experience of the successful individual. The position is expected to be for a duration of approximately one year in length.
Applicants are asked to apply in writing with a complete resume by January 2nd, 2019
Our website: https://healthyheartshuron.com/
NOTE: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.